New Jersey Defensive Driving Course
Mobile Device Friendly Course
Work at your own pace and set your own schedule.
- Automatic course reporting to the state when you finish.
- Absolutely No Hidden Fees
New Jersey Approved
6 HOUR Defensive Driving Course
Most road accidents are caused by driver error. To reduce the likelihood of being involved in an accident you need to understand the concept of “defensive driving.”
In this course you will learn defensive driving techniques, safe driving strategies, New Jersey traffic laws and common factors in hazardous traffic situations. The course material is effective, easy and the concepts are presented in a user-friendly online format.
You get to choose when and where you want to study. All you need is an Internet connection!
- ONLINE COURSE
An important benefit for completing our traffic school courses online is that you can do it at your own pace, based on your schedule. Our course is easy to use. If you are a student or a professional on a lunch break, our online course is ready when you have the time.
**A Defensive Driving course IS NOT a substitute for the Driver Improvement course.**
- HOW POINTS AFFECT YOU
1. If you get six or more points within three years on your current driving record, you will be assessed a surcharge.
2. If you get 12 or more points on your current driving record, your license will be suspended. You will receive a notice of scheduled suspension by mail.
3. Getting points on your license may also increase your insurance rates. Contact your insurance carrier for details.
- REMOVE POINTS
2 points will be removed from the accumulated points you currently have on your license. Although the MVC keeps a permanent record of all the points you've earned, it is possible to earn point deductions by remaining violation and suspension-free for one year or by taking qualified driving courses approved by the MVC.
- AVOID LICENSE SUSPENSION
This course will help you avoid a suspended license, and you could even get an insurance discount! Just check with your insurance company to find out if they offer a rate reduction, and if you qualify.
You may only receive a two point reduction once every 5 years and only if there are points on your driving record at the time you complete the course.